The cold season can take a toll on our skin, making it dry, itchy, and irritated. But don't worry—we've got you covered.
The winter season is the most common time for dry skin. It is caused by cold weather and low humidity. Dry skin can also be caused by other factors such as ageing, genetics, diet, climate, health conditions, and medications.
The signs of dry skin are often redness, itching, and flaking. The symptoms can be treated with moisturisers and other topical treatments such as petroleum jelly or lotion.
These five home remedies are guaranteed to leave your skin soft and supple.
- Coconut oil: Coconut oil is a natural moisturiser that is effective at hydrating dry skin. Apply a thin layer to your skin before bed, and let it soak in overnight.
- Olive oil: Olive oil is another great natural moisturiser that helps to restore the lipid barrier of the skin. Apply a few drops to your hands and massage into your skin.
- Honey: Honey is a natural humectant that helps to attract and retain moisture in the skin. Apply a layer to your skin and let it absorb for 15-20 minutes before rinsing off.
- Aloe vera: Aloe vera is known for its soothing and cooling properties, which make it ideal for treating dry skin. Apply aloe vera gel to your skin or mix it with a little water to make a refreshing mist.
- Milk: Milk is rich in lactic acid, which helps to exfoliate and soften dry skin. Pour milk into a bowl and soak a washcloth in the milk. Gently rub the washcloth over your skin for 1-2 minutes before rinsing off with cool water
Follow these effective tips for glowing and healthy skin in the dry season.
Use a Humidifier
One way to help your skin during the dry winter is to use a humidifier. A humidifier will increase the moisture in the air, which will help to hydrate your skin. You can find humidifiers at most drugstores or department stores.
Take Shorter Showers
Short, hot showers might be the perfect way to start your day, but they're not so good for your skin. The heat and humidity strip your skin of its natural oils, leaving it dry and vulnerable.
To keep your skin healthy and hydrated, take shorter showers and try to keep the temperature below 120 degrees Fahrenheit. Apply a moisturiser to your skin while it's still damp to help seal in the moisture.
Apply Lotion Immediately After Showering
When you shower, the warm water opens your pores and strips away the oils on your skin. This can leave your skin feeling dry and tight. To remedy this, apply a moisturising lotion immediately after showering while your skin is still damp. This will help seal in the moisture and prevent your skin from drying out.
Exfoliate Once a Week
You might think that since your skin is already dry, you should avoid exfoliating. But that's not the case! Exfoliating is important for dry skin because it helps to remove dead skin cells and unclog pores.
When exfoliating, be sure to use a gentle scrub. I like to mix sugar with a little bit of olive oil, but you can also use store-bought scrubs. Avoid anything with harsh chemicals or beads, as these can irritate your skin. Exfoliate once a week, and you'll see a big difference in how your skin looks and feels.
Use a Gentle Cleanser
Now that you know the significance of properly cleansing your skin, it's time to talk about what kind of cleanser you should use. And my answer might surprise you: a gentle cleanser.
I know, I know. You're thinking, "But I need a strong cleanser to get all the dirt and grime off my face!" And while that may be true, using a strong cleanser can rob your skin of its natural oils, which can lead to dryness.
Instead, opt for a gentle cleanser that will clean your skin without stripping it of its natural moisture. Look for a cleanser that contains ingredients like glycerin or hyaluronic acid, which will help to draw moisture into the skin. And be sure to avoid harsh ingredients like sulphates or alcohol, which can dry out your skin. Also, use vegan makeup and skincare products- don't know where to buy from- Pretty Kaur offers the best.
Dry skin can be a pain, especially in the winter when the weather is already working against you. But don't despair! You can do simple things to get your skin looking and feeling its best.
The cold winter months can be hard on our skin. The cold weather and dry indoor heating can wreak havoc on our skin.
Keep in mind these vital steps:
1) Drink plenty of water: Drinking water will help keep your skin hydrated, especially during the winter when it's so easy to forget to drink enough fluids.
2) Moisturise: Moisturising will help keep your skin from drying out, which can lead to cracking and peeling. But don't overdo it! Too much moisturiser can cause more problems than it solves if you're not careful. A good rule is to apply lotion after you've showered and towel dried - that way, the lotion has time to sink in before your clothes touch it.
3) Wear sunscreen: Make sure you wear an SPF every day.
You can see a big difference in your skin's appearance with just a little effort. So don't wait any longer; try these home remedies for dry skin and see for yourself. Moreover, you can try our winter care products for your glowing skin. Pretty Kaur offers you vegan and cruelty-free makeup products like lipsticks, glosses, and other essentials to help you make your skin healthy throughout the year.